March 28, 2008

I can taste...

with my eyes--no, it is not a super power, but aesthetics rank supreme in delicious cooking. It somehow triggers salivation, and then, I can't stop my fork from plundering in. Tonight's dinner with Wilson is something simple I pulled from my cabinets. Mexican Crab Cakes and Peach Parfaits.



Mexican Crab Cakes

1 egg
1 Tbsp chopped parsley
5 crushed saltines
1/3 cup bread crumbs
1 Tbsp Remoulade
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 tsp chili powder
1 6 oz canned crab meat
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup Mexican shredded cheese

Peach Salsa

1/4 cup diced peach
1/3 cup chunky salsa
1 tsp lime juice

Guacamole

1/2 mashed avocado
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp salsa
1/4 tsp salt

In a medium bowl, whisk together egg and parsley. Add crushed saltines, Remoulade, pepper and chili powder until combined. Fold in drained crab. Roll crab mixture into cakes and place on a greased baking sheet. Bake about 10 minutes at 400 degrees F. Flip crab cake onto other side and top with cheese. Bake for another 2 minutes.



Ready to eat!



Melted cheddar cheeseee...



Macro innards shot.



Peach Parfait

1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup diced peaches
1 Tbsp peach syrup
1 cup nilla wafers

Whip cream, sugar, vanilla extract. Sliced peaches to small chunks. Place nilla wafers at bottom of glass and cover with peach syrup. Add a layer of whipped cream and top with diced peaches. Continue layering and top with crushed nilla wafers. Chill before serving.

Peaches taste like Spring. I'm ready, are you?

1 comment:

Anita S. said...

Love the language.

I'd love the food more if I could have more =).

Outstanding.