March 15, 2008

Back in Texas...

for all of 5 seconds and I'm already elated to be soaking up some of that 80 degree weather. Too many things about Texas make me happy--take for instance, a belly full of yummies the moment I step off the plane. A highly anticipated dinner at Tom Flemming's Central 214 does not disappoint (at least not completely...), but you'll have to read my books for the full review. :p



Crocodile Skin Lined Menu



The first time I asked for extra olives (that says something).



Grilled Hanger Steak with Crispy Fries and Roasted Garlic Butter (and a stuffed Roma Tomato, was it supposed to be there?)



Herb Grilled Lamb Loin with Fontina Cheese Grits and Mint Chimichurri



Pan-Seared Sea Bass with Spring Onions and Shaved Asparagus



Trio of Pies (Lemon Meringue, Pecan, Fresh Berry a la Mode)



The Vanilla Bean Ice cream paired with my Cranberry Bread Pudding (they just never look too pretty).

Best dinner and chat with the parents. What a way to end the night (with a side of speed shopping and pairing mismatched outfits)!

No comments: