June 7, 2008

What better way is there...

to celebrate a birthday for a foodie than eating a scrumptious dinner? On this occasion, parents and I went for a quiet, relaxed restaurant tucked away behind a sprinkling pond known as Mignon. It was a lovely evening with excellent service filled with a rare tete-a-tete with the parents.



Sauvignon Blanc as the choice of poison.



Seared Diver Scallops were my favorite of the night, tender with a balance of sweet acidity.



Watermelon and Pear Tomato Salad



French Onion Soup with beautifully melted cheese.



Seared Monkfish and Braised Short Ribs with a Creme Fraiche-like sauce over whipped potatoes.



Roasted Chilean Sea Bass with Mussels and Fingerling Potatoes in a Green Curry Sauce.



Rack of Lamb with Caramelized Fennel came with this tasty tomato and olive salsa.



Of course, I always end the night with cake. Yay.

Overall, I come back a few times per year when I'm in town because the seasonal menu is always innovative with fresh flavors and the service is constantly superb. The rest of my review will be in the 2008 book!

2 comments:

MLA said...

yjpl sounds and looks like a phenomenal meal. cute pic at the end. signing off from beijing,

ymla

Anonymous said...

so delicious , I'm hungry when I see it.

One day i surf internet found some good online shopping website :
Clothes Jeans.It's a good website. Otherwise I found other websites,such as designer sunglasses ,Ed Hardy ,Cheap shoes online , chaussures pas cher, NFL Jerseys,Sport Shoes, Remise Chaussures Sport, MBT Shoes,cheap cell phones,cheap cell phones .All of them are high-credit websites.you can go to look !trust me!!!!!!