March 1, 2008

Although my day trip to the city...

met a technical difficulty (mainly due to my incompetency at 5:30 in the freaking morning), a pamper-the-princess day panned out much better than I expected. Can't claim that I caught up on sleep, but I definitely enjoyed Cornell's rendition of the Vagina Monologues and an ad hoc baking night with some of my favorite girls. While my culinary guru of a friend at CIA was unable to taste test my treat, tonight's creation was baked with the intention of him savoring it--morsel by morsel--vicariously somehow through photographs. The cake: Matcha, Adzuki, Chocolate Cake.



Frosting the cake with homemade Matcha Cream Cheese Frosting



Decorating is always my favorite part.



The final product take one.



Matcha, Adzuki, Chocolate Cake

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup best-quality cocoa
1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter
2 large eggs
1 teaspoons vanilla extract
2/3 cup sour cream
1 can adzuki paste
Nilla wafers, toasted sesame seeds for decoration

For a healthier, fluffier version of this cake, substitute butter with unsweetened applesauce and fat free sour cream.

Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and soda, cocoa together. Combine softened butter, eggs, vanilla, and sour cream until smooth. Add dry mix to butter mixture until fully combined but not over mixed. Divide the batter into 2 9-inch cake pans and bake at 350 degrees F for about 20 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before inverting. Spoon pre-made red bean paste on the top of one cake and cover filling with the other cake. Spread frosting over all edges of cake. Decorate!

Matcha Cream Cheese Frosting

1 stick butter
4 oz cream cheese
1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
1 Tbsp matcha powder

Let butter come to room temperature. Beat butter and cream cheese at until creamy. Add powdered sugar and matcha powder and beat on medium speed until fully combined. (Adapted from Cupcake Bakeshop).

My group of foxy ladies chowing down on slices of this chocolatey goodness. Vicky's gorgeous smiling face, Angela slicing the cake, Aliyah's seductive look, and the very sexy Sylvia.



I'm never intentionally cruel, but I hope your mouth watered through this entire entry!

1 comment:

Oiayieeio said...

I want some! Where’s my slice? :( Dude that combination never even crossed my mind when I was trying to guess what it is. I even thought you might’ve made a chocolate beet and pine nut cake. Very cute though. (and yes I would much prefer matcha and azuki bean over chocolate beet and pinenuts any day) By the way, nice rose cheater, did you make (grow) it yourself? :p